Celebrate the Tenth Anniversary of Hatsune Miku’s gaming debut by showing us your Project DIVA-inspired designs! Submit your Miku and friends-inspired T-shirt design for a chance to have it featured in Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix for Nintendo Switch™, coming to the West in 2020!
How to Enter:
- Download the T-shirt design template.
- Design a special T-shirt for Miku and friends!
Official characters recognized by Crypton: Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, KAITO & MEIKO.
- Use the form to submit your design by November 18, 2019.
- Five Winners will be contacted by email on or about December 2, 2019.
- Give us your best Project DIVA-inspired design! Use of characters in design is not required.
- All designs should be made within the confines of the black lines. Crucial design elements should be kept within the confines of the red lines as there may be cutoff depending on the shape of the T-shirt and character wearing it.
- File Type: jpg, png
- Dimensions: 4096×2048
- Color Mode: RGB
- Design name to be limited to 20 characters.
- No third-party designs, logos or photographs.
- Multiple entries per person are allowed.
Entry images can be no larger than 2MB.
Use the “DOWNLOAD” button below to get the T-shirt template
To gain access to the entry form,
please enter your birthdate.
Please use the form below to send your entry.
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES (INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA) AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sega of America, Inc., 6400 Oak Canyon, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618 United States (“Sponsor”).
All persons submitting a t-shirt design (“Participants”) to the ‘Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix T-Shirt Design’ contest (“Contest”) must (i) be 18 years of age or older, (ii) be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia), (iii) have a valid email account and Internet access to participate. Employees of Sponsor and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Contest Period (as defined below), and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to enter in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Any entrants who are not eligible for the Contest can be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Submissions will be accepted from October 18, 2019 at 12:00PM PST to November 18, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Contest Period”). The Sponsor’s computer or that of its designee is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
4. How To Enter
During the Contest Period, Participants must complete the following steps to enter the Contest:
STEP 1: Download the T-shirt design template form from the following web page: https://contest.sega.com/megamix. Create a T-shirt design relating to ‘Project DIVA’ or official characters recognized by Crypton: Hatsune Miku, Kagemine Rin, Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, KAITO & MEIKO (“T-Shirt Design”). Please note, use of characters in the T-shirt Design is not required.
T-Shirt Designs must adhere to the following requirements:
- Multiple entries per person are allowed.
- T-Shirt Design must have the following image resolution: 4096 x 2048 pixels.
- To be submitted in one of the following accepted file formats/types: jpg, png.
- Maximum file size for T-Shirt Design submissions: 2MB
- All designs should be made within the confines of the black lines as illustrated in the t-shirt template. Crucial design elements should be kept within the confines of the red lines as there may be cutoff depending on the shape of the T-shirt and character wearing it.
- RGB color mode must be used for the T-Shirt Design.
- No third-party logos or photographs are allowed on the T-Shirt Design.
- No personally identifiable information such as last names, addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses should be included on the T-Shirt Design.
- Include a design name as part of the submission, limited to 20 characters.
- Cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited, won any prize or award, or displayed publicly through any means.
- May not disparage any person, violate or infringe another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, property, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement which includes brand names, copyrighted work or trademarks, other than SEGA’s trademarks, logos and designs, including the official characters recognized by Crypton: Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, KAITO & MEIKO, which Participant has limited license to use for the sole purposes of submitting an entry.
- Cannot include content that is hateful, violent, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, promotes bigotry, racism, sexism, alcohol, illegal drugs, weapons, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on gender, race, color, creed, disability, national origin, religion, age, marital status, lawful alien status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected category.
- Cannot contain content that includes nudity, sexually explicit, lewd, obscene, offensive, disparaging or other inappropriate content.
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any federal, state, or local law or regulation.
NOTE: Multiple entries per person are allowed, however, it will not increase chances of winning. Entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter be referred to as “Eligible Entries.” Submissions that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, are corrupted, or are late are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, the Participant will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry, if any, shall not be deemed proof of submission or receipt. All Submissions become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Eligible Entries will be judged by a judging panel comprised of four (4) Sponsor employees at its sole and absolute discretion from among all Eligible Entries received. The panel will select five (5) potential winners from among all Eligible Entries received based on highest overall scores. Eligible Entries will be judged for inclusion in the video game Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix (“Game”) created or produced by or on behalf of Sponsor (“Game”) (and to be available in North America, Europe, and Japan) according to the following criteria, weighted equally: [a] originality, [b] quality of design, [c] creativity, and [d] execution. In the event of a tie, the winning submission will be selected based upon the T-Shirt Design with the highest score in the area of “creativity.” Sponsor decisions are final and binding.
Contest winners will have their Submission (or a portion thereof) featured in the Game as part of the official costume(s) to be worn by certain ‘virtual singer’ character(s) in the Game. Contest winner name(s) will also be displayed in the end credits of the Game.
Contest winners will also receive a digital copy of the Game (digital code will be provided). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is Thirty-Nine U.S. Dollars and Ninety-Nine Cents ($39.99). Aggregate ARV of all prizes potentially awarded: One Hundred Ninety-Nine U.S. Dollars and Ninety-Five Cents ($199.95). Actual retail value may vary and Sponsor will not award the difference between the ARV and actual value. Sponsor reserves the right to not seek an alternate potential prize winner in the event that any individual originally selected ignores the prize notification, is disqualified or is unable to accept the prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prizes become unavailable. Prizes may not be transferred, sold, bartered, or exchanged by any winner. By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from this Contest are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. Actual prize may differ from promotional images.
NOTE: Any prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. While each winner will have the T-Shirt Design (or a portion thereof) featured in the Game described above, Sponsor makes no other guarantee or representation regarding the manner in which any winner’s Submission will be incorporated into the Game, including, but not limited to, (1) the specific portion(s) of the Submission that will be selected for inclusion in the Game, (2) the amount of any winner’s Submission that will be featured in the Game, (3) the prominence with which any winner’s Submission will be displayed in the Game, and (4) the media channels, or other contexts through which the Game will be made available, all of which will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor does not guarantee that the Submissions of the various winners will be treated equally in terms of amount or prominence in the Game.
7. Winner Notification
On or about December 2, 2019, the potential winners will be notified by email at the address provided with the entry. To claim the prize, potential winner will be required to respond to Sponsor’s notification within three (3) business days after transmission of the aforementioned message and provide his/her full name, email address, physical mailing address, date of birth, and phone number. The potential winner(s) may receive additional prize claim instructions by mail and/or email and may be required to complete, sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release. All requested documents must be returned to Sponsor within the time period specified at time of prize notification. Please note that prize(s) will be delivered on or around launch date of the Game, which is tentatively slated for Spring 2020 but may be subject to change.
At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, prize forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: [a] a potential winner’s failure to respond to initial notification within three (3) business days after its transmission; [b] the failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner’s account prior to receipt of notification; [c] potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, and residency; [d] potential winner’s failure to complete and return required documents by the date specified in winner’s notification; and [e] any other non-compliance with these Official Rules.
8. NO OBLIGATION TO USE
Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any entry, or to include any Submission in its Game, to otherwise exploit any entry or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of any entry for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and Participants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof. Furthermore, Sponsor gives no guarantee that the Game will proceed to completion.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
- Warranty. By entering the Contest, Participant warrants and represents that the Submission submitted by Participant is his/her own original work created by Participant, has not been previously published and will not be published elsewhere after Participants’ Submission, has not won a previous prize or award, that Participant owns or otherwise controls all of the rights to the Submission and that the Submission does not violate any law, regulation or any right of any third-party, including but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark, publicity and/or privacy. Please understand that submitting any content that is copyrighted by another individual, or otherwise subject to the rights of another individual, will make Participant responsible for any legal action the legal copyright holder might take against Participant or in relation to the content.
- Ownership. By submitting Submission as an entry into the Contest, Participant grants to the Sponsor the right, without limitation, to display the Submission in any media now known or hereinafter developed. Further, Sponsor shall be entitled and shall solely and exclusively own throughout the universe in perpetuity all rights of every kind and nature in and to the T-shirt Designs and any other results and proceeds of the Submissions hereunder in whatever stage of completion, including any copyright in and to any such results and proceeds. All results and proceeds of the T-Shirt Designs and Submissions shall be considered by both the Participant and Sponsor as works made-for-hire as such is understood under the Copyright Act of 1976 (17 U.S.C. §100 et. seq.), and Sponsor will be the sole owner of all the rights all the results and proceeds of the T-Shirt Designs and Submissions in any form and in all fields of use now known or hereafter created, including all rights of copyright, throughout the universe, for all uses and purposes whatsoever, and Sponsor shall be considered the author for purposes of the Copyright Act of 1976. If, for any reason, the T-Shirt Designs and Submissions are held not to be a work made for hire as contemplated under the Copyright Act, then Participant by this agreement irrevocably grants, transfers and assigns, free and clear of any claims, all of Participant’s right, title and interest in and to the T-Shirt Designs and Submissions and its constituent parts to Sponsor, exclusively and perpetually, throughout the universe, in any and all media, now or later known or devised. For the avoidance of doubt, Sponsor can use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works based upon, and publicly display and otherwise use the Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to Participant.
- License Granted by Sponsor. As discussed above in the “How To Enter” Section, Sponsor grants each Participants a limited license to use SEGA’s trademarks, logos and designs, including the following official characters recognized by Crypton: Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, KAITO & MEIKO, in their Submission. Participant is not permitted to use SEGA’s trademarks, logos and designs for other purpose(s). Except as expressly described herein, you may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means, modify, publish, transmit, stream, upload, display, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit SEGA’s trademarks, logos and designs.
10. Publicity & Privacy
By entering and by receipt of any prize, winner agrees to indemnify, defend, release, not to sue, and hold harmless the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, demands, penalties and expenses, or causes of action, of any kind or nature whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which Participant (or Participant’s successors-in-interest, heirs and/or agents) ever had, now have, or in the future may have against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, theft, damage to or loss of property, or any other harm arising out of or related to any statement, action or failure to act by Participant during or in connection with his/her participation in the Contest or any Contest related activity; any breach or alleged breach of these Official Rules or of any other documents required by Sponsor; the use of any of the rights granted herein (including, without limitation, the use and exploitation of the Participant’s name, address, biographical information, statements, voice, photograph and/or other likeness); any malfunction or other problem with any Contest website or webpage; any error in the collection or retention of entry information; and any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; or acceptance, possession, receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
12. General Conditions
By entering, each Participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and any other documents required by Sponsor herein and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Contest, the Official Rules or any other documents required by Sponsor herein. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and to select the winners from those Eligible Entries received up to the time of the termination/suspension. Sponsor may also disqualify or prohibit an Participant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize in this or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said Participant has violated the Official Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick-entry programs), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Participants or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
13. Limitations of Liability
Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, these Official Rules, or any prize awarded shall be submitted to the alternative dispute resolution service, JAMS, for binding individual arbitration under its rules then in effect in the Los Angeles, California area, without resort to any form of class action, and determined by one (1) arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties, with the parties agreeing to share equally in the arbitration costs; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. Other rights that you and we would have in court will not be available or will be more limited in arbitration, including discovery and appeal rights. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
15. Rules/Winners List
To receive the winners list or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 1, 2020, to: Sega of America, Inc., ATTN: Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix T-Shirt Design Contest, 6400 Oak Canyon, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618. Please specify “Rules” or “Winners List.” Vermont residents may omit return postage. You may also view the Official Rules at https://contest.sega.com/megamix.
© SEGA. All rights reserved.
Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Contest. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
© Crypton Future Media, INC. www.piapro.net